Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I have created a game in which the goal is avoiding the wind.

The fog comes
on little cat feet. 
It sits looking 
over harbor and city
 on silent haunches
 and then moves on.
- Carl Sandburg  

I know I have already talked about weather here but right now, the weather controls my life. Winter has truly arrived and in full force. Negative degrees were always something for late nights...not 12 in the afternoon. The residence now bustle with a social life that consists of huddling around heaters with hot tea and stories to warm you up. Its nice the way we all have come together because going outside is just plain silly when there is baking,warm beds and pillow fights to do inside (key word being inside). Cold is not the only change in weather we are experiencing here, the fog was one beautiful example of how the sky is becoming clouded and the infamous Bora has arrived. It is everything the stories said it would be, windy beyond belief and cold...so very cold. Its like the wind captures all the frigid air around and the captures you  in a whirlwind of hell frozen over. Tips...layers. Now I don't just mean a few shirts I mean tank-top, long-sleeve, jacket, another jacket, scarves (I'm starting to contemplate two scarves) tights,jeans and of course gloves. I don't need to walk...I roll everywhere. 
College life is starting to pick up, course work actually exists and my goodness it is evil. Add onto that Occidental Week in which all us occidentals put together a show and activities for the rest of the college to learn more about our countries (more on that when it happens). This equals no sleep. But that's okay this is way to much fun to give up.

 Please forgive me for only adding this now, but all this happened a few weeks ago. I was hoping to have some pictures for this blog but that will come later. New more up to date blog to follow within the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment